I’ve been busy so I haven’t been doing the blog much. Lots of cleaning and social stuff.
Anyway, in the weird way the world works now, today I ordered some software. You just have to love the way things work. I got an email from a software company and it was an offer for a discount on current versions of their software. So, I go to the website, order the package and on the way to ‘check out,’ a couple of more software offerings of theirs pop up at discount too. So, I’m looking it over and I decide it’s not expensive and also the kind of thing that’s useful to have and I add them to my order and even though there’s a discount, suddenly my order comes to just over $100!
I don’t really want to spend money freely right now. I’m watching pennies so, when I see the total I’m rethinking the purchase. Then I notice, there’s a box for a discount code at the top of the checkout and even though I’m getting a discount I figure it can’t hurt to see if I can find some kind of discount code to put into the box.
So, I go to Yahoo and type the company’s name and the words discount code and a couple of pages come up. The first one is useless (and has popups to boot) but, when I go to the second one there’s a link back to the company’s website and there on the page is a discount code.
I go back to checkout, enter the code and magically $40 comes off the order! So, in addition to the reduced price I got, I got additional money off just for doing a little research. So, today’s lesson is if you’re going to buy anything online, before you do that final click, take the time out to search and see if you can’t get a discount. This isn’t the first time I’ve done something like this and it won’t be the last. All in all I’m pretty pleased with myself for doing it.
If you want the details on the software and the discount you’ll just have to email me for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment